Mysore Spice Review - March 2015
A slightly newer name, added the 'spice' on the end, but little obvious difference
in the decor since our last visit.
A slightly unpleasant smell on entering the restaurant which should be rectified.
Service was excellent, all meals were well received and were large portions.
The place was empty by 9:30 but was busier early on.
Common Curry - Good value.
Certificate - 3 star certificate awarded.
Web site - www.mysorespice.co.uk
Summary - Excellent service, good standard of food on all the dishes we ordered.
- Drinks came quickly and order taken promptly. Quick service throughout
- Table heaters and nice clean cutlery
- Very well laid out menu, easy to read with good indicators on strength, etc
- Pura salmon, perfect, top marks starter
- Bhindi bhaji - the best
- Hari Mirchi Bhuna, plenty of heat, especially at the bottom of the dish
- Balti Lamb Masala, very good
- Lovely Chicken Korai, albeit with too much onion, large pieces of white meat, well
- Sheek kebab starter a little dry
- Nice firm garlic mushroom starter but a bit tasteless
- Nan bread was only average, plain and keema
- The restaurant was very quiet for a Friday night
- Background music a bit random, a bit of 80's thrown in
- Been refurbished recently but the walls and lighting nothing special
- Nothing spent on improving the toilet facilities