Raj Douth Review - August 2014
The restaurant was full on the evening of our visit, a special Labour party get
together going on, this tested the service, which held up pretty well. Mr Khan, the
owner, being very attentive.
Most of the starters were good, as were the mains, but there was some confusion over
which mains was for who at one end of the table, partly our own fault but also partly
because three ‘green’ dishes arrived, which, by the way, doesn’t present a very appetising
picture. These were the lamb and chicken garlic chilli dishes - some alternatives
were provided for a ‘doggy bag’.
A couple of members were disappointed, which took the score down, but a relatively
small menu can usually be relied upon for consistency.
Common Curry - Good value
Certificate - None awarded
Web site - www.rajdouth.co.uk
- Plenty in the shared mixed kebab starter
- Three lamb chops starter, tender and tasty
- Lamb garlic chilli and lamb jalfrezi both good
- Side veggies were all good
- Some of the plain poppodums were soft
- Tandoori chicken starter dry and lacked flavour
- The cutlery was not replaced, without asking, between courses