Rose of India Review - January 2017
A good turnout this month, always a popular place for the club to visit.
We nearly managed to fill the restaurant on our own, but any other available space
was also taken, although by 9:30 we were the only ones left in there.
A good evening was had by all, including our special guest from the USA, warmed up
by the food and hospitality on a very cold January day.
Summary - Continues to provide quality at a good price. It's probably time they consider
moving forward to keep pace with the competition.
Common Curry - Always good value for the quality of food.
Certificate - *** Three star awarded.
Web site - No
- Friendly welcome and service throughout
- Korai Kebab, lovely
- All the main courses were very good, Chicken Dhansak excellent, Lamb Balti very good.
- Chicken Chilli Massala very spicy
- Lamb Methi Madras, hot and very tender
- Very good Brinjal Bhaji and Saag Aloo
- Overcooked spicy poppadoms
- Very draughty until the fan heater came out.
- 50 minutes for the starter to arrive
- Chana Massala a little too sweet
- Bhindi Bahji poor, oily and soggy