Shri Bheemas Review - February 2018
A good pub nearby, now the new Weatherspoons has opened, only a two minute walk to
A warm greeting on a cold night, plenty of tables available as it was quiet for a
Pops (masala) were great as they offer those with tomatoes, chillies and onions on
A different menu, very well laid out with indication of content and spice. We hope
we get to know it better by returning again.
We shared the starters as we knew they would be quite large, apart from that we wanted
to try as many different things as possible. All were very good, tender mutton and
Various mains were tried between us, all excellent - see positive comments below.
No side veggies needed, not too much selection on the menu, but we didn't need them.
The waitress was very helpful. She seemed a bit tentative when trying to understand
us. She shouldn't have been as we are not at all scary. Overall good service and
timings, which were offered to us if we wanted to wait longer.
Common Curry - A bit pricy but not so much if you choose wisely. Portions are good.
Certificate - A 4 star certificate awarded.
Web site - http://shribheemas.co.uk/
Summary - Due to the quality and variety of food we wish the restaurant well for
the future as we would love to visit again.
- Shared starter of Chicken 65, mutton, donuts and dosa - all great
- Lamb Chettinad, excellent flavour. All the lamb was amazingly tender
- Madras fish curry, excellent
- Lamb Rogan josh, fabulous
- Rices were good, some portions enough for two. Egg fried rice lovely
- Nothing we tried was bland. A lot of specific flavours.
- Booking was a bit tricky over the phone, not sure if the english was great
- No house wine available
- No paper towels in the toilet
- Indian music on a large TV on the wall right behind our table, a little sporadic