Spice Village Review - November 2015
Common Curry - Good quality at an average price.
3 star certificate awarded.
Web site - http://www.spicevillagemk.co.uk
- Very busy, almost full for most of the evening
- Menu nicely laid out. Plenty of choice
- Live music, we were lucky, she was very good
- Rashmi kebab, special order, very big. Waiter shouted 'eggs' when serving
- Excellent prawn puree, very tasty and good puree
- Very nice mixed starter
- Chicken Garlic Mirchi Bhuna, very tasty, large portions
- Lamb Garlic Bhuna also very good
- Lamb Jalfrezi, cuts of lamb as opposed to the usual chunks, good spice and bite
- Rather lack lustre staff, better once we pointed this out. Ash was a good host though.
- Dissaponting poppadums, a bit soft and chewy
- Rather slow with the starter, 40 mins, but it was busy
- Chicken Tikka Dhansak, felt it was too 'lentilly'
- Very poor keema nan, overcooked base