Bull and Butcher, the pub with no beer. Never again!
Visited on a Thursday, no banquet as the Ganges only offers this an a Wednesday. We were the only ones in there, apart from another couple coming in later on. Perhaps a banquet on a Thursday might help?
Pleasant, efficient staff and very good food all round earnt the restaurant a well deserved certificate from the club.
We have always been pleased with the Ganges’s offering and this visit was no exception. We would recommend giving it a try, also good if you are with a partner, if you happen to be in, or going, to Fenny Stratford.
Common Curry – A good price for the quality and portions. Especially on the Cobra.
Certificate – 4 star certificate awarded.
Web site – http://www.gangeslounge.co.uk/
Summary – Good value portions. Improve your score further by improving the nan breads.
- Good staff, good, authentic music
- Tawa Machli – fresh fish, mild and tasty
- Chilli chicken, tasty, not crazy hot, large portion
- Prawn puree, good size, could taste the prawns. Not a spicy choice
- Murgh Mama, great texture and flavour
- Lamb Madras, very good lamb, a bit sweet
- Chicken Methi, nice soft chicken
- Bhindi, exemplary
- Keema nan, a bit sweet and ‘cinnamony’
- Lamb Dhansak, mildly sweet. More heat would be nice
- Garlic Nan, average