Pre drinks at The Barn (the Beefeater), never again, Friday night and no beer. Plenty of lager but a pub with no beer, bad management can be the only answer.
Our first visit to Urban Dhaba, another relatively new restaurant adding to the list of proper Indian restaurants, a current trend in MK which we are in favour of. This was confirmed by the customers on the evening, where the majority were Asian.
We ordered a selection of starters as one each is too much for our appetite. Very good, different, interesting and spicy. This included Chicken 65, Chilli Paneer, Punjabi Samosa Chaat and Mutton Chukka.
A good selection of mains on the menu, all of which can be spiced to your choice.
The staff deserve a special mention, efficient and fun.
Common Curry – Several items not available on the menu that are part of the Common Curry list. Best effort on prices applied, it is at the more expensive end though.
Certificate – A 3 star certificate awarded.
Web site – http://www.urbandhaba.co.uk/
Summary – Recommended that you give it a try.
- Authentic music
- All the food was good, with spice and flavour
- Fab lamb/mince combo
- Gongura mutton, contains sorrel, tasty on-the-bone
- Gosht mains, spicy and tasty
- Excellent staff and service
- Very clean, including restroom
- Good to encourage families but you dont want the restaurant to be a playground when you are eating