It’s been a couple of years since are last visit to ‘The Golden’, no reason for this apart from our busy schedule.
It hasn’t changed too much, that is so say it’s still a place to visit that continues to provide a high standard of food at a good value. The menu has been re-vamped though, it used to be huge, but it still provides plenty of choice.
The decor and seating as also been improved. Great elephant picture!
It was quiet for a Friday night but the service and the food was good.
Common Curry – Still in the cheaper half of the table.
Certificate – A 3 star certificate awarded.
Web site – http://www.goldencurrybalti.co.uk/
Summary – Don’t let the location put you off, it’s well worth a visit.
- A more concise menu
- Good pops and chutney selection
- Golden mixed kebab, very good, large portion
- Prawn puree, hot sauce
- Outstanding rashmi kebab
- Egg fried rice, more veggies than expected and an omelette on top
- Lamb Mazza, excellent, other lamb dishes also good
- They forgot my starter but produced one very quickly